2012 Chevrolet Traverse LTZ: Review notes

Do you ever feel like you know just enough about BMW to be dangerous? Let's see if we can fill in some of the gaps with the latest info from BMW experts.
car appraisal  Chevrolet Traverse.
The V6 in the 2012 Chevrolet Traverse is rated at 288 hp.

By: Wes Raynal on 12/30/2011

Related Articles

  • 2012 GMC Acadia Denali: Review notes
  • 2012 Dodge Durango R/T: Review notes
  • Buick to debut baby Enclave at Detroit show
  • Chevrolet TrailBlazer debuts at Dubai international motor show
  • 2012 Chevrolet Traverse 1LT, Drivers Log Car Review
  • General Motors adds center-mounted airbag to its big crossovers
  • 2012 Buick Enclave Premium Group, Drivers Log Car Review
EDITOR WES RAYNAL: This 2012 Chevrolet Traverse LTZ is a nice sufficient midsize to big ute, and the sticker might be by means of no trouble adjusted down--this exacting one is completely loaded. I similar to the way the car looks--nice and clean--though I was worried concerning rearward visibility by means of the kickup in the rear. So I had a feminine pal sit in it--all 5 foot, 2 decrease of her. She supposed she might see fine out of the back. So there's that.

GM has supposed preceding to so as to of the inquisitiveness Lambda SUVs, the Traverse has the the majority forbidden ride, not as soft as the Buick Enclave, but softer supposed the GMC Acadia. I consideration it rode nicely, not too harshly, not too soft. It's refined. In fact, similar to additional crossovers, petroleum earth to drive similar to a minivan, merely a bit taller for persons who don't desire the minivan stigma. The steering is direct, and the heavy knowledge is additional agile and fuel-efficient than, say a Tahoe, but too has tons of space inside. Speaking of the inside, I consideration the plan looked good, but the resources might absolutely use an upgrade.

You won't confuse the V6 for a V8, but it didn't sense similar to a dog, either.

Overall, a nice ute. However, I'd decontent mine a bit to transport the sticker downward some.

ART DIRECTOR TARA KLEIN: I was pleasantly astonished by means of the height of comfort, ride excellence and all approximately niceness of petroleum Traverse, in,within and out.

The design, as,at the same time as large due to the size, is motionless attractive sleek and simplified, keeping the styling current. It shares a grille plan by means of the Malibu and Cruze, creation petroleum SUV distinctly Chevy. A combination of resources and shades include the interior, taste a richer look. Black, silver and, in petroleum case, tan engage in recreation off of every additional well, allowing exact shapes to approach to the forefront as,at the same time as considering by means of eyes to the the majority significant punitive of the cabin.

Most all in petroleum SUV was simple to use. One obsession I more often than not discover myself griping concerning is the touch-screen radio controls. It's rare so as to I discover one so as to I don't contain to complain about. Well, think petroleum a rarity since the plan and functionality of so as to ,whole wrap up counting put an 80-year-old who didn't be acquainted with come again? a computer was at ease. Ah, come again? the lavishness of not attention to press a digital button frequently determination do to by means of ,whole heavy experience.

I couldn't consider how healthy petroleum obsession drove, either. Whether I was on brand-new pavement or on a washboardlike grime road, the Traverse actually pulled through, taste a comfy ride at all turns.

How can you put a limit on learning more? The next section may contain that one little bit of wisdom that changes everything.

While I'm talking concerning comfy, I strength add so as to petroleum vehicle ,advertising one of the the majority at ease seating positions I've achieved in a while. The quantity of adjustable room approximately the intended paired by means of the oversized armrest gave me the aptitude to tweak to my heart's content.

Typically, in vehicles of petroleum size, parking can be a tad tricky, but not in petroleum Traverse. The turning radius was impressive; I hardly ever had to readjust my parking position. In fact, I by no means become paler similar to I was in a big vehicle.

I can see moms or dads who are dreading completely looming van buy snapping as,at the same occasion as up. The three-row seating include by means of the utility and soothe by means of no trouble construct it a contender. I did snarl a bit at what time I saw the price, but I contain the similar opinion by means of Wes; if it now me, I'd go by on a few add-ons to fall the sticker a bit.

2012 Chevrolet Traverse LTZ

Base Price: $39,615

As-Tested Price: $43,895

Drivetrain: 3.6-liter V6; FWD, six-speed automatic

Output: 288 hp @ 6,300 rpm, 270 lb-ft @ 3,400 rpm

Curb Weight: 4,720 lb

Fuel Economy (EPA/AW): 19/18.5 mpg

Options: DVD rear-seat entertainment counting touch-screen navigation, rearview camera show and back authority outlet ($3,360); trailering gear ($525); crystal red tintcoat paint ($395)



Get additional car news, reviews and view each day: Sign up to contain the Autoweek Daily Drive similar to correct to by means of inbox.

Hopefully the sections above have contributed to your understanding of BMW. Share your new understanding about BMW with others. They'll thank you for it.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...