2011 Audi A5 2.0 TFSI Premium Plus Coupe, Drivers Log Car Review

When you're learning about something new, it's easy to feel overwhelmed by the sheer amount of relevant information available. This informative article should help you focus on the central points.
2011 Audi A5 2.0 TFSI 2011 Audi A5 2.0 TFSI.

2011 Audi A5 2.0 TFSI 2011 Audi A5 2.0 TFSI.

2011 Audi A5 2.0 TFSI 2011 Audi A5 2.0 TFSI.

2011 Audi A5 2.0 TFSI 2011 Audi A5 2.0 TFSI.

2011 Audi A5 2.0 TFSI 2011 Audi A5 2.0 TFSI.

By: Jake Lingeman on 10/19/2011

Related Articles

  • 2011 BMW 1-series M Coupe: Review notes
  • Audi A4 stay mild ability for 2013
  • Audi E-tron Spyder, Flash Drive Car Review
  • 2013 Audi A5 and S5, Flash Drive Car Review
  • 2011 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI Premium, Drivers Log Car Review
  • 2012 Audi A6 3.0 TFSI Prestige, Drivers Log Car Review
  • Audi reveals a new turbo engine for Euro-spec A5 coupe
ASSOCIATE EDITOR JAKE LINGEMAN: It earth to me so as to the 2011 Audi A5 coupe is the best-looking Audi sideways as of the hardtop R8. It has the purposeful nose of the make by means of merely two doors and the swoopy roofline. When it came out I was correct away impressed. The new wheel choices so as to debuted for 2011 nicely set the exterior wrap up off.

The bottom cost is concerning anywhere you counting stay for it, at now fewer supposed $40,000. The Premium Plus trim adds a number of convenience features, but nothing I couldn't live without. However, I counting miss the xenon headlights, but that's concerning it.

The Sport wrap up is a must. It adds the game suspension, big wheels and game seats. If you merely checked so as to box, you might get out of the dealership for fewer supposed $40,000. It fake surprise me so as to you can't get a V6 in the A5 anymore. The turbocharged 2.0-liter fake its job well, and the gas-mileage extra is probably value the fall in power. The A5 by no means become paler sluggish, but a bit additional grunt counting contain person's name welcomed. At smallest amount the coupe stay also the physical or the eight-speed automatic, and not the CVT similar to the A5 cabriolet.

On the topic of transmissions, petroleum one has the six-speed manual. The throws appear extended and a small sloppy. The second-to-third shift in exacting earth hard to hit by means of any kind of gusto. Lots of elbow movement. The grasp pedal has a lot of travel, too. I moved the seat up so my absent base might hit the floor, construct put me attractive shut to the wheel.

Other supposed that, it's a at ease ride. Even in excess of the potholes on way home, the car wasn't upset. The game suspension is rigid but doesn't beat you up. The steering is sharp as a tack. There are merely a few wonderful on my commute home, but the A5 ate not any up. I desire I had a bit additional occasion by means of the Audi coupe, and a longer ride home.

SENIOR MOTORSPORTS EDITOR MAC MORRISON: The A5 leftovers my preferred Audi of the there lineup, and if we're talking S5, I truthfully believe I counting rather contain so as to car supposed still an R8.

Even with no the S5's V8 and smoking bag of presentation goodies, petroleum 2.0-liter, turbocharged four-cylinder is a fun and fine engine to authority come again? I motionless believe is one of the best-looking cars on the road. However, for the primary occasion in new memory, I detected a pale hint of come again? seemed similar to turbo lag, although it strength be so as to the throttle tip-in is just not responsive, now as we've encountered in additional Audis as of occasion to time. Your correct foot's movement fake not consequence in an instant forward punch, construct my intelligence foreword as turbo lag. Perhaps it is throttle-response lag, though.

Overall, the 2.0-liter is a smooth engine and is healthy liked by many, but I do desire present was a powerplant alternative recognized by petroleum and the S5's direct-injection V8. The chassis can surely grip a great deal additional power, and I believe it's a shame so as to performance-biased drivers contain to seem at additional manufacturer's offerings if contain wish additional authority supposed the A4/A5 delivers. I counting surely discover myself responsibility so, still although the A5's style--inside and out--is one of my favorites.

EDITORIAL INTERN BRAD CONSTANT: I am a fan of approximately any car liberally in Germany, particularly if it wears the Audi badge. So I approached the A5 by means of far above the ground expectations, and the sporty coupe didn't disappoint.

The A5 drew me as of the moment I laid my eyes on it. As Jake pointed out, it has so as to definitive Audi nose and swoopy roofline. The game package's 19-inch wheels create the A5 seem still better.

The in,within is characteristic Audi by means of excellence materials, at ease seats, huge skill and a driver-friendly layout. I, similar to Jake, had to go,shift the seat forward to completely depress the clutch. This is amazing I've approach to stay for as of all Audis by means of a physical gearbox. I believe the seating place in the A5, now as in our long-term S4, is ideal for my heavy style. It intended me sufficient space to be at ease but ,court case me by means of so as to up-on-the-wheel seating place I love.

But I don't appreciate why Audi put rear seats in the car. Only a little youngster might sit in the rear seat comfortably, still following I moved my seat up. The merely obsession I foresee the rear seats existence form high-quality for is hauling my hockey bag and goalie pads to and as of the rink.

You can see that there's practical value in learning more about BMW. Can you think of ways to apply what's been covered so far?

I believe Mac is spot on by means of throttle-response lag. It is present in spite of of how much, or how little, you go,shift by means of correct foot. Thankfully, the 2.0-liter four-cylinder has sufficient authority to get you leaving at what time the lag passes. But I motionless establish myself longing to drive the S5 variant by means of the V8.

All in all, I greatly enjoyed my occasion in the A5. It's a huge car for a sensible cost so as to I wouldn't brain addition to my garage one day. The A5 is my preferred car liberally by Audi.

ROAD TEST EDITOR JONATHAN WONG: Sorry to create petroleum sound similar to a broken record, but I'm an Audi A5/S5 coupe fan, too. The lines on the car are together easy and seductive. Everything flows jointly so well, as of the integration of the Audi's corporation grille to the easy bodylines. It's a great-looking coupe.

On top of that, it's a hell of a driver. As Jake mark out, Audi doesn't present the V6 in the A5 anymore, leaving the turbocharged four-cylinder as the sole engine option--which isn't terrible since it's a huge engine. Some populace strength contain a difficulty dropping additional supposed $40,000 for amazing packing “only” a four-cylinder, but by means of fuel-economy figures flattering additional vital, you probably be hypothetical to get second-hand to by means of lavishness coupe or sedan existence form powered by a four-banger.

As pointed by others, present is a slight hesitation preceding to the engine moderator living to present a fit surge of power. I'm leaving to say it is turbo lag in its place of a lazy throttle tip-in. Get history that, and petroleum engine moves petroleum near-3,600-pound vehicle by means of no problems, particularly at what time you can wind it up by means of the six-speed physical at hand. The gearbox is fluid and simple to use; I had no evils grabbing gears at anytime.

Even by means of the game suspension, I contain to provide the BMW 3-series coupe the nod at what time it moderator to dynamics. Steering on the Audi is glow and receptive but not fairly up to so as to of the BMW. The A5 is motionless fun to fling approximately and it responds admirably and can surely grip additional authority as we've knowledge in the S5. And present is a RS5 in excess of in Europe so as to wanted to approach to the U.S. yesterday. The brakes are physically powerful by means of solid pedal feel.

From a ride-comfort standpoint, the A5 is improved supposed the BMW by means of its harsher suspension setup and awful run-flat tires. For a each day sports education coupe, the Audi counting be in my garage in excess of the BMW. The Audi delivers presentation so as to you can use on a each day foundation with no existence form hauled off to prison (well, at smallest amount too easily), attention spectacular and boasts an center that's at ease and healthy built.

EDITOR WES RAYNAL: As Morrison supposed (and I'm surprised so as to I contain the similar opinion by means of him on anything), the A5 is a fine Audi--arguably the best-looking car Audi makes. If you can get by means of skull approximately paying additional supposed $42,000 for a four-cylinder-powered car, you be hypothetical to love petroleum thing.

The 2.0-liter four is just a huge engine--plenty of authority and torque, and it's smooth. Like Morrison, I'm certain the chassis might grip a great deal additional power, but unlike him I discover petroleum to be the near-perfect combo of power, equilibrium and heaviness distribution. There's a constancy to the way Audis drive so as to few additional cars can match. There's a far above the ground hold level, and the ride motions are healthy damped.

The center is stylish and healthy built, as one has full-grown to stay for as of Audi.

As I said, if spending additional supposed $42,000 on a four-cylinder doesn't bother you, petroleum is a terrific put to create looking.

2011 Audi A5 2.0 TFSI Premium Plus Coupe

Base Price: $37,375

As-Tested Price: $42,655

Drivetrain: 2.0-liter turbocharged I4; AWD, six-speed manual

Output: 211 hp @ 4,300-6,000 rpm, 258 lb-ft @ 1,500-4,200 rpm

Curb Weight: 3,583 lb

Fuel Economy (EPA/AW): 25/23.9 mpg

Options: Premium Plus wrap up counting xenon-plus headlights, LED daytime organization lights, LED taillights, 18-inch 10-spoke wheels, all-season tires, Bluetooth, three-zone climate control, heated front seats, Homelink worldwide garage-door opener, Audi music interface, rain/light sensor, auto-dimming center mirror by means of compass ($3,700); Sport wrap up counting 19-inch alloy wheels, high-performance tires, front game seats by means of lumbar, game suspension ($1,450); exhaust instructions ($130)



Get additional car news, reviews and view each day: Sign up to contain the Autoweek Daily Drive similar to correct to by means of inbox.

There's no doubt that the topic of BMW can be fascinating. If you still have unanswered questions about BMW, you may find what you're looking for in the next article.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...