2011 Volvo S60 T6

So what is BMW really all about? The following report includes some fascinating information about BMW--info you can use, not just the old stuff they used to tell you.
Driver's Log Gallery: 2011 Volvo S60 T6 Driver's Log Gallery: 2011 Volvo S60 T6.

Driver's Log Gallery: 2011 Volvo S60 T6 Driver's Log Gallery: 2011 Volvo S60 T6.

Published on 2/03/2011 EDITOR WES RAYNAL: This is a refined and comfy sedan, and by means of 300 hp, it's average sporty by means of so small turbo lag. The chassis is rock solid, and the AWD income it determination go darn close to anywhere.

The car attention high-quality to my eye in,within and out, and I be grateful for the fine resources all through the cabin. The seats are extremely comfortable.

It's not as silky as a BMW 3-series and not as good-looking as an Audi A4, though. In my opinion, it falls a small bit small of together cars.

The security stuff can be annoying, the brilliant red strip of lights crossways the top of the dash seemed hypersensitive to me, and the lane-departure warning screams a great deal too loudly, although I be acquainted with you can it twist it off.

Overall, petroleum is a quite pleasing car to drive, but I wouldn't get petroleum Volvo in excess of the aforementioned 3-series or an A4 now yet. More seat occasion is required.

EXECUTIVE EDITOR--AUTOWEEK.COM BOB GRITZINGER: I believe Volvo is on the correct path by means of petroleum styling, in,within and out. Even my 16-year-old son, who doesn't present too a lot of opinions, establish his voice to say the car looked futuristic and cool. I agree. This corporation has complete a huge job of leaving as of boxy to artsy in fewer supposed a decade, by means of the floating middle console and the chiseled yet flowing exterior lines. And the orange paint is exceptional. Good stuff.

I too enjoyed ripping approximately by means of the solid turbo six-cylinder as long as the power--this engine actually pulls and stay petroleum chunk of steel up to pace in a hurry. The chassis is solid and steady, by means of high-quality steering and brakes.

The security stuff can be annoying--the red "closing distance" bar and lane-departure beeps can be additional supposed you require if you're still semi attentive at the wheel. But a slightly dialed-back account of so as to crash warning might be actually handy for persons era anywhere you are inevitably distracted now as an important person stabs the brakes correct in front of you for no obvious reason. Should we still be distracted as of driving? No. Does it occur to the the majority excellent drivers in the center of us? For certain. I believe Volvo realizes petroleum and is responsibility its the majority excellent to help. The scheme now wants a small fine-tuning.

Think about what you've read so far. Does it reinforce what you already know about BMW? Or was there something completely new? What about the remaining paragraphs?

This car earth similar to a huge worth at petroleum price, particularly better by means of the AWD sport-sedan competition.

EXECUTIVE EDITOR ROGER HART: This car leftovers a kick in the pants to drive. There's nice authority and by means of nary a hint of turbo lag. The AWD was appreciated on the snowy mornings. The traction manage keeps the car as of receiving too far sideways, reminding you so as to security is a main part in petroleum car. If you wanted a one more reminder, the lane-departure warning chirps all the time, and there's the flashing red glow warning so as to you are receiving too shut to one more car.

I similar to the overall attention of the S60, and the center is actually a delight to behold. Volvo seats stay in the center of my favorite.

SENIOR EDITOR (WEST COAST) MARK VAUGHN: While my Detroit generation now employing petroleum car's AWD scheme from side to side the Midwestern snow, I got a possibility to try petroleum same-spec Volvo out at petroleum time on dry pavement, by means of an occasional rain shower. My primary impression winning heavy off in petroleum for a melody was so as to it was, now similar to the old Courvoisier billboards, smooth. The cog shift was simple to engage, the routine was seamless, the accelerator pedal was perfectly linear and directed the authority easily, and the suspension was smooth and come again? you'd call--if you worked at a monthly--supple.” It was overwhelmingly simple to drive and so at ease as of at the back the wheel so as to I required to negotiate a long-termer now so I wouldn't contain to provide it up.

Since I believe it's necessary by law so as to anybody script concerning a car similar to petroleum have to contrast it to a BMW, I sorted from side to side the spec sheets and establish so as to it hysterics recognized by the 335i xDrive and the 535i xDrive in approximately each measurement. All inquisitiveness cars contain 300-hp inline-sixes and AWD, for instance. The 3-series is a half-inch on fire in wheelbase and efficiently 31 pounds less, as,at the same time as the 5-series is 5.6 decrease longer recognized by the wheels and efficiently 421 pounds more. The bottom cost of the Volvo is $5,425 fewer supposed so as to of the 3-series and $14,225 fewer supposed the 535i xDrive's price. How you alternative it additional than so as to is up to you. Personally, I believe I can do with no all persons security features. I favor to pay notice at what time I drive, but that's now me.

Whether you believe the Volvo is up to the sports-sedan handling of also Bimmer is up to you. It glue how firm you shove them. On a high-quality mountain street you strength favor the BMWs. Just preceding to petroleum car, I drove a 550i xDrive and appreciated so as to thing, although I'd contain to say so as to was way on top of petroleum car segment-wise. The 3-series is extremely shut to it.

What I came absent by means of following a melody in the Volvo was so as to shoppers in petroleum segment actually contain to try out petroleum car preceding to trade a BMW or an Audi. It's extremely nice. Especially if you drive on ice.

2011 Volvo S60 T6

Base Price: $38,550

As-Tested Price: $46,200

Drivetrain: 3.0-liter turbocharged I6; AWD, six-speed automatic

Output: 300 hp @ 5,600 rpm, 325 lb-ft @ 2,100-4,200 rpm

Curb Weight: 3,812 lb

Fuel Economy (EPA/AW): 21/19.0 mpg

Options: Premium wrap up counting authority goblet moonroof, authority passenger seat, dual xenon present by means of lively bending light, Technology wrap up counting adaptive cruise manage by means of queue assist, crash warning by means of filled auto brake, pedestrian detection by means of filled auto brake, distance alert, driver-alert control, lane-departure warning, Climate wrap up counting headed front seats, headlight washers, heated windshield-washer nozzles, rain sensors and center air-quality scheme ($4,400); Multimedia wrap up counting Volvo premium sound scheme by means of Dolby Pro Logic II surround sound, 650 watt, 12 premium loudspeakers, MultEQ XT by Audssey, back park-assist camera, navigation scheme by means of real-time transfer and voice-control map mind ($2,700); metallic paint ($550)

Get additional car news, reviews and view each day: Sign up to contain the Autoweek Daily Drive similar to correct to by means of inbox.

It never hurts to be well-informed with the latest on BMW. Compare what you've learned here to future articles so that you can stay alert to changes in the area of BMW.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...