2011 Suzuki SX4 Crossover Car Review

You should be able to find several indispensable facts about BMW in the following paragraphs. If there's at least one fact you didn't know before, imagine the difference it might make.
2011 Suzuki SX4 Crossover Photo by: David Arnouts 2011 Suzuki SX4 Crossover. Photo by David Arnouts.

2011 Suzuki SX4 Crossover Photo by: David Arnouts 2011 Suzuki SX4 Crossover. Photo by David Arnouts.

2011 Suzuki SX4 Crossover Photo by: David Arnouts 2011 Suzuki SX4 Crossover. Photo by David Arnouts.

2011 Suzuki SX4 Crossover Photo by: David Arnouts 2011 Suzuki SX4 Crossover. Photo by David Arnouts.

2011 Suzuki SX4 Crossover Photo by: David Arnouts 2011 Suzuki SX4 Crossover. Photo by David Arnouts.

2011 Suzuki SX4 Crossover Photo by: David Arnouts 2011 Suzuki SX4 Crossover. Photo by David Arnouts.

2011 Suzuki SX4 Crossover Photo by: David Arnouts 2011 Suzuki SX4 Crossover. Photo by David Arnouts.

2011 Suzuki SX4 Crossover Photo by: David Arnouts 2011 Suzuki SX4 Crossover. Photo by David Arnouts.

2011 Suzuki SX4 Crossover Photo by: David Arnouts 2011 Suzuki SX4 Crossover. Photo by David Arnouts.

2011 Suzuki SX4 Crossover Photo by: David Arnouts 2011 Suzuki SX4 Crossover. Photo by David Arnouts.

2011 Suzuki SX4 Crossover Photo by: David Arnouts 2011 Suzuki SX4 Crossover. Photo by David Arnouts.

2011 Suzuki SX4 Crossover Photo by: David Arnouts 2011 Suzuki SX4 Crossover. Photo by David Arnouts.

Published on 5/27/2011

Related Articles

  • 2012 Suzuki Grand Vitara Ultimate Adventure Edition: Review notes
EXECUTIVE EDITOR--AUTOWEEK.COM BOB GRITZINGER: The 2011 Suzuki SX4 Crossover is a huge bargain--loads of usable room in a tight package, high-quality step-in tallness and hip point, higher-end skin counting a pop-up navigation monitor (though I might do with no the cartoonish Garmin interface), sensible ride and quietness, and all-wheel drive. The engine is peppy sufficient but the CVT earth to drag it down, still although I know, mechanically, it is receiving the the majority excellent likely efficiency as of the engine. There's a number of corpse roll, but the brakes are receptive and the steering is quick.

Overall, except for the transmission, the SX4 large quite sporty and fun, by means of plenty center space. I'd love Suzuki (or Honda on the Fit) to engineer so as to small front port casement to unlock similar to the vent windows on cars in the 1950s or '60s. How cool counting so as to be?

A $20,000 cost construct petroleum vehicle a huge deal. The low cost and all the skin create it a the majority excellent buy in my book.

ART DIRECTOR CHERYL L. BLAHNIK: A small additional supposed $20,000 for this? I'll admit, the all-wheel drive is enticing, but I was pegging petroleum car to cost concerning $3,000 less. Visually, it attention so little so as to it's firm to fathom five populace session in,within it. But previous nighttime a Costco run was on the schedule, and I was interested to see how the SX4 handled it. Much to my surprise, present was a lot additional space in the stem supposed I thought. Nice.

Another extra was the front seat heaters, but the seats shortfall wanted additional surface support. Sitting inside, there's kind headroom to add to the interior's airy feel.

However, I motionless can't see populace armed up out to buy petroleum car. Granted, the four-cylinder beneath the hood by means of 148 hp is peppy and is enough for the commute. But for the price, present are a lot of additional small-car options out present so as to I discover additional appealing.

COPY EDITOR CYNTHIA L. OROSCO-WRIGHT: The SX4 was a fun small ride for an overnight. I liked the tall-car look, and it allowable for abundance of headroom inside. The sheetmetal attention good, and I'm by means of Bob on creation persons small port windows clever to be opened. I didn't contain cause to create use of the cargo space, but it looked to be better supposed come again? it appears to be as of the outside. But I don't be acquainted with how comfy petroleum car counting be for a longer drive; the driver's seat, for sure, might use additional bolster. And, as,at the same time as I didn't use the navigation, I am not of fan of so as to pop-up setup. To me, it attention as if the nav was an afterthought and present was no put absent to put it except for the top of the dash.

The drive was attractive basic, construct is to say not inspiring, though the car handled healthy on the expressway sideways as of a number of revolve approximately curves. There's polite authority off the row and for passing, but man, petroleum CVT is loud! Between so as to and the street noise entering the cabin, well, I also had to leave the radio off or blast it to be clever to pay attention to a number of tunes.

While petroleum car is a fine package, I can't see myself armed up out to buy one.

Is everything making sense so far? If not, I'm sure that with just a little more reading, all the facts will fall into place.

NEWS EDITOR GREG MIGLIORE: This is a zippy, lively small car, and I racked up substantial on foot organization errands, captivating the girlfriend out to banquet and after that visiting a gleaming new General Motors factory the after that day. That's a lot of seat time, and a lot of occasion to reflect on petroleum sporty small hatch.

I in fact establish it fairly fun to drive. The proverb concerning heavy a slow car fast, or at smallest amount to its limits, was amazing I inappropriately to live on petroleum small stint, and I hammered relentlessly on the throttle to accelerate eager on unlock spaces on the expressway. I reserved banging up after that to the redline at 6,000 rpm, flexing all 148 horses, and present was additional supposed sufficient authority on tap. The chassis is tight, and the corpse is sensibly well-mannered. It attention tall, and I'm not fan of the exterior styling, but I didn't notice any kind of tipping feeling, and I did my the majority excellent to get corners as aggressively as possible. The steering income polite feedback throughout turn-in, although there's a tinge of rubbery sense to it.

The center was attractive pedestrian, but petroleum is a sensibly low-cost car. The all-wheel-drive ability is a nice worth for $20,000, but to me petroleum car falls a touch small on the spec piece in a figure of areas. One, it doesn't sense similar to a $20,000 car, largely since of the below-average looks. The restrain heaviness (even by means of AWD) is a bit heavier supposed I counting expect, although it's not harmful to the drive character. Plus, the petroleum monetary system earth a bit low. In petroleum day and age, you counting believe Suzuki counting discover a way to eek the mpg rating to additional supposed 30. My additional construct now so as to the four-banger is loud and revvy in the cabin, and the street and wind noise are evident.

But, overall petroleum is a fun small car by means of function and a polite sense on the road. Still, a styling makeover wouldn't hurt.

INTERACTIVE ASSOCIATE EDITOR JAKE LINGEMAN: Twenty impressive is inexpensive, but I might surely discover amazing additional entertaining and better-looking supposed petroleum for so as to price.

All-wheel drive and navigation are upscale features, but I'd ditch together for a Kizashi if I was amalgamation by means of Suzuki. This car now attention badly proportioned to me. It's too tall, and the top rack construct it seem still taller. It's narrow, too. I didn't sense similar to it was receiving tipsy, but petroleum car discourages any kind of forceful heavy anyway.

Mileage was high-quality at a bit additional supposed 21 mpg on my tank. But I'm assuming the majority of so as to was complete in two-wheel drive. I merely in the clouds to "auto" once; no weather to talk of so no require for all-wheel grip.

The CVT fake come again? a CVT more often than not does, sapping the fun at each press of the accelerator. It's not terribly slow at what time you ground it. And I presume it handles decently by means of comparatively tight steering. It was a small choppier in excess of bumps supposed I expected.

You do get a number of additional room in the back region by means of the top height, and it wouldn't be a bad car for shuttling tall vegetation to and as of nurseries.

Bland looks, strange proportions and the fun-sapping CVT counting create me use my cash elsewhere. A Mazda 5 at a few impressive more, and a Mazda 3 at a few impressive less, counting be high-quality options. But if you have to contain all-wheel drive and navigation at $20,000, the SX4 is on a small list.

ART DIRECTOR TARA KLEIN: At primary glance, the 2011 Suzuki SX4 Crossover instantly evokes a intelligence of boredom, but I in fact establish it fairly fun to scoot approximately in in excess of the weekend. This car is by no income a performance-centric ride, but it did get me anywhere I wanted to go by means of few complaints.

On the outside, the SX4 wants a number of work. The contours resemble so as to of a go-kart and approach eager on view dated. However, the in,within become paler roomy and comfortable. While the resources and overall plan now attractive plain, all was obviously marked and simple to find, creation the adaptation to petroleum car simple. I did discover the go,shift toward to the Garmin show to be a bit odd. It looked disconnected, and I desire it now careful additional in the overall plan of the middle stack. The quantity of headroom was nice, and the big windshield paired by means of the windows nestled in the A-pillar minimized blind spots.

I become paler the SX4 was up to the majority everyday jobs on the road, and attention AWD is surely a plus. Expressway heavy and transitory now no problem, but I contain the similar opinion by means of Cindy concerning how loud petroleum is by means of the CVT. When accelerating, all I might perceive sound was the buzz of the engine, no substance how cranked up the radio was.

On my drive eager on work, I too performer the "traffic ahead" notification, and I might discover petroleum to be obliging on extended trips anywhere alternate routes are available.

In the end, I establish myself astonished and satisfied so as to I wasn't disgusted by means of my knowledge by means of petroleum Suzuki. I be acquainted with I'm not hypothetical to moderator a book by its cover, but I motionless desire petroleum wrap was a bit additional enticing.

2011 Suzuki SX4 Crossover

Base Price: $20,094

As-Tested Price: $20,469

Drivetrain: 2.0-liter I4; AWD, continuously changeable transmission

Output: 148 hp @ 6,000 rpm, 140 lb-ft @ 4,000 rpm

Curb Weight: 2,954 lb

Fuel Economy (EPA/AW): 25/23.5 mpg

Options: Bonus worth skin counting 16-inch alloy wheels, front fog lamps ($550); Bluetooth by means of monitor graphics ($250) premium floor-mat set ($125); extra worth wrap up discount (-$550)



Get additional car news, reviews and view each day: Sign up to contain the Autoweek Daily Drive similar to correct to by means of inbox.

Of course, it's impossible to put everything about BMW into just one article. But you can't deny that you've just added to your understanding about BMW, and that's time well spent.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...