2011 Kia Optima EX

Would you like to find out what those-in-the-know have to say about BMW? The information in the article below comes straight from well-informed experts with special knowledge about BMW.
2011 Kia Optima EX 2011 Kia Optima EX.

2011 Kia Optima EX 2011 Kia Optima EX.

2011 Kia Optima EX 2011 Kia Optima EX.

2011 Kia Optima EX 2011 Kia Optima EX.

2011 Kia Optima EX 2011 Kia Optima EX.

2011 Kia Optima EX 2011 Kia Optima EX.

Published on 3/23/2011

Related Articles

  • 2011 Kia Optima Hybrid, an AutoWeek Drivers Log Car Review
EDITOR WES RAYNAL: I'm impressed by means of the cost of petroleum 2011 Kia Optima. I truthfully consideration it counting be more.

And I'm approximately impressed by means of the car. Almost. It's close. I deduction my main beef is so as to as,at the same time as the car large glow and agile, I establish the ride a small choppy in excess of growth damage and such, additional so supposed additional midsizers genuine as the Chevrolet Malibu or the Honda Accord. Nothing major, but noticeable.

But the Kia's exterior attention terrific--somebody assembly me if it was a Jaguar--and the center is nice. The construct excellence earth terrific on primary impression. There's high-quality authority and smooth shifts as of the routine transmission.

I liked it improved supposed I consideration I counting overall.

INTERACTIVE ASSOCIATE EDITOR JAKE LINGEMAN: I was extremely impressed by means of petroleum Optima. In fact, I was so impressed so as to I sought out the cost of it in,within throughout my occasion by means of it since I couldn't place a tag in the car.

The $27,000 cost tag earth concerning correct for petroleum car. With bottom heavy start at concerning $19,000, I was guessing so as to petroleum tester counting approach in at concerning $24,000 by means of options, so I wasn't far off. There is a lot of car for the cost at petroleum time by means of leather seats, navigation, a dual sunroof and a keyless ignition. These are skin I'd stay for in a car in the $30,000-range and up.

The sheetmetal attention sweet to my eyes. I'd get a dissimilar color supposed the beige/gray so as to we have. It earth similar to the cool styling counting be set off improved so as to way. The car type of has an Acura profile, and the wraparound taillights merely corroborate that.

Someone assembly Raynal if it was a Jag? I had a pal ask if it was a Lexus, construct are together are attractive solid compliments. I love the dual-pane sunroof, but I desire present was a way to get it with no the off-color roof. I counting now get one sunroof if I might stay the corpse lines smooth and one color. It might too use a dimension or two better wheels. There's an inch of wheel healthy I'd similar to to plug in. Overall, in the attention department, I provide it an knowledge out of 10.

Inside, the leather seats are comfy, but contain might be a small softer and a small additional supportive, although the authority lumbar helps. The routine sliding of the driver's seat at what time the ignition is turned off is a cool touch, construct construct entry and exit easier. The Infinity sound scheme is awesome by means of an iPod interface, and the entire middle stack is simple to reach. Add the steering-wheel-mounted audio controls, and petroleum might be a elegant cruiser for extended trips.

The steering is heavy, construct is more often than not a high-quality thing, but it's not extremely precise. And I contain the similar opinion by means of Wes so as to it was harsher supposed I predictable in excess of Michigan's post-snow-melt roads.

Power large similar to its correct anywhere it be hypothetical to be at 200 hp, construct is approximately wanted as,at the same occasion as existence in a midsize sedan. The brakes are decent. On the dry roads contain become paler a minute bit soft, but in the slippery stuff, the ABS worked great. I was by no means concerned concerning not pending to a stop.

Kia's one more corporation similar to Hyundai so as to series to impress. The company's SUVs are receiving improved all the time, and as,at the same occasion as Optimas are downright cool. But I'm receiving sick of all of the TV commercials.

ASSISTANT ART DIRECTOR CHERYL L. BLAHNIK: Like Jake, petroleum car has person's name on my brain a lot by means of all the TV commercials. I discover the exterior fun and refreshing, construct earth similar to come again? Kia has person's name leaving for lately by means of vehicles similar to the Soul. I believe petroleum car determination intrigue a younger age group of management who don't desire wonderful crazy looking, but amazing a small different.

You may not consider everything you just read to be crucial information about BMW. But don't be surprised if you find yourself recalling and using this very information in the next few days.

The the majority astonishing fraction of petroleum car is the interior. It attention actually high-quality by means of the tan leather seats by means of the contrasting black middle stack. The iPod port is simple to use, construct went nicely by means of the crisp-sounding stereo system. The seats might be a small additional supportive, though.

The car handled good, too, in the chill weather so as to rolled from side to side Michigan. It stayed surefooted from side to side all the slick stuff.

ASSISTANT ART DIRECTOR/DESIGNER TARA KLEIN: Overall, I approach absent as of petroleum car satisfied by means of Kia's development. This car is just nice and has a luxurious feel, particularly as of the inside. The leather seats now comfortable, and similar to Jake, the easy slide backwards at what time the car is turned off gave me now sufficient space to get in and out effortlessly.

The combination of materials, insignia and shapes all through the center actually create it pop. The dark woodgrain contrasted by means of the black plastics and tan leather create the cabin sense rich, as,at the same time as the swooping asymmetrical lines so as to connect the gauge approach together to the middle stack add tons of method points.

The exterior is too pleasing to the eye; I particularly enjoy the taillights, wrapping approximately the Optima and sporting expressive curves. The entire wrap up isn't too a great deal of an great deviation as of the norm, but now sufficient for populace to do a double-take and provide confidence interest.

ASSOCIATE EDITOR JONATHAN WONG: If I wrote the primary drive for petroleum obsession I counting contain attract it Optima Prime (after the huge Autobots leader Optimus Prime). When Ol' Man Raynal came up to me and supposed he was impressed by means of petroleum Kia, I complete it a tip to saddle up in petroleum preceding to it left, and I'm glad I did.

This car is prepared for major occasion and be hypothetical to with no query be on everyone's midsize-sedan shopping list. It's a bit of a shock, particularly pending following the preceding Optima/Sonata, construct Raynal referred to as “fine rental cars.” On the additional hand, perhaps I shouldn't be astonished since the new Hyundai Sonata is a heck of a car, too, and as,because contain split the similar underpinnings, it isn't a stretch to believe the Kia account counting be good, too.

But the Kia weapons so far additional than the Hyundai in conditions of styling together on the exterior and the interior. The company's tiger-nose grille--which Kia leader plan official Peter Schreyer implemented crossways the lineup--looks particularly high-quality and characteristic on the Optima. The relax of the sheetmetal attention spotless and substantial and I greatly favored it in excess of the swoopy lines establish on the Sonata. However, I did discover a drawback by means of the thick C-pillars, construct shaped a rather big blind spot.

The the majority imposing fraction of the Optima to me was the interior. Its plan is the polar conflicting of the bland and uninteresting designs in preceding Hyundai and Kia sedans. The middle stack reminded me of a Saab by means of its shape, and the big buttons for the radio and climate controls now simple to operate. The resources are of a far above the ground quality, by means of the majority of the center surfaces soft to the touch and pleasing to the eye. I'll copy everybody else on the seats for existence form not almost supportive sufficient and a great deal too flat, construct is a genuine downer.

But to top belongings off, the Optima is a fine driver. The 200 hp as of petroleum 2.4-liter four-cylinder is up to the task for the the majority part. In a number of instances, genuine as expressway merges or passing, you determination contain to mallet the gas, but I was content by means of it for the the majority part. Power is reliable from side to side the revs by means of high-quality throttle response, but it fake get loud and raspy beneath wide-open throttle. The routine gearbox too was a physically powerful player by means of nice, rapid shifts.

Steering large hefty, construct I like, and reply too stay a transitory grade. Ride excellence is small bit firmer (or choppy, if you subscribe to Raynal speak), construct is fine by me for the additional cornering benefits.

It's motionless a small rough to believe, but Kia finally has a extremely physically powerful and spirited midsize sedan in its stable.

2011 Kia Optima EX

Base Price: $23,190

As-Tested Price: $27,440

Drivetrain: 2.4-liter I4; FWD, six-speed automatic

Output: 200 hp @ 6,300 rpm, 186 lb-ft @ 4,250 rpm

Curb Weight: 3,223 lb

Fuel Economy (EPA/AW): 27/22.1 mpg

Options: Premium wrap up counting panoramic sunroof, authority front passenger seat, driver-seat memory, heated and cooled front seats, heated outboard back seats, heated steering wheel ($2,250); skill wrap up counting navigation scheme by means of backup camera and Sirius traffic, Infinity eight-speaker audio scheme ($2,000)



Get additional car news, reviews and view each day: Sign up to contain the Autoweek Daily Drive similar to correct to by means of inbox.

Hopefully the sections above have contributed to your understanding of BMW. Share your new understanding about BMW with others. They'll thank you for it.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...